Friday, August 24, 2012

Lingonberry Love ~ oil on canvas ~ 24" x 30"

I love this painting. It is one of my most recent works. About a year ago I started it with a completely different outcome in mind. I had intended to paint a very simple image of lingonberries and leaves with a sparse background. You can see the original on the bottom right in the collection below. Well, it was really nothing special. I kept looking past it. Then one night this summer when I was out of of fresh canvas and my other paintings needed some drying time I pulled it out. I think it has come to life.


A collection

Lingonberries are my favorite berry to pick. They are so beautiful and firm, they do not squish like blueberries or raspberries. Sometimes they are in little clusters and so abundant. There are few things in life more magical than coming across a big patch of lingonberries.
 

Photo of lingonberries in my backyard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment