Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Finished Print and a New Painting

This reduction print is finished. There are 8 colors, although the 3 reds are so similar it is a subtle transition. I probably could have used 2 reds, or better yet, pushed up the contrast. I still have some minor touch ups to do and need to sign and edition. I have started working on my next reduction print and will write about it in my next post.
 
 
I am not quite finished with my other painting, but needed to get started on something new. I have been craving red for awhile. It seems that once the snow falls I am caught up in blues. This is a close up view of ground dogwood in the fall. I am realizing that I have a tendency to break many of my own rules. I always tell my students to tone their canvas before painting and to lay the colors out before applying thicker paint. I just jumped into this one. I made a print of a similar section of the ground last spring. The entire time I was working on that print I was thinking that it would make a nice painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment