Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Perfection

 
Perfectionism... Gotta ditch it yo!
 I am not a perfectionist, and I find myself more and more pleased by this as I get older. I used to think not being a perfectionist was a flaw, that I should always be striving for perfection. But, I have discovered that if I do not let go at some point, I will never finish anything. Every piece of work I do could be better. I can see all the flaws, every single one of them. But I also love aspects of all of my work, well maybe not all, but most. The idea is to love more each time.
 
I have been making progress on this painting. There is a lot going on in this one. I re-darkened some of the trees since last week and have been repainting areas and adding definition.
 
 
Some changes since the last entry.
 
I am very happy with the way it is turning out. I am still struggling with the top--still not sure how I will resolve the background. I know I am getting close because I am getting excited about starting a new painting.
 
More work has been done to the top branch and the right-hand side. I added more pink leaves and berries to the middle and redefined some, but not yet all, of the dried leaves.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment